Volunteer Opportunities for All
We are always looking for volunteers to help around the museum. This could involve helping with research, education sessions or events, artefact recording, or general maintenance. No previous experience is required. If you’re interested in being involved, please contact us.
Donate Online, By Text, or in Person
The Shipwreck Centre and Maritime Museum is thankful for all donations, large and small. If you would like to donate to us you can use the button below or donate in person during your visit. With an online donation, it will be listed as the ‘Maritime Archaeology Trust’, the managers of the museum.
You can also make your entry fee to the Shipwreck Centre and Maritime Museum worth 25% more, at no extra cost to you. Through the Gift Aid Scheme, the Shipwreck Centre and Maritime Museum can reclaim tax on your donations so every £1 you give is worth £1.25 to us.
Simply select Yes from the dropdown list when buying your online ticket.
You can also donate via text. Simply text SWC & the amount you wish to donate (e.g. SWC 3 = £3) to 70085 to donate.
Texts cost the amount of your donation plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and SMS. If you’d like to give £3 but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text SWCNOINFO 3 to 70085.
By agreeing to support us through the Gift Aid Scheme you confirm that you have paid or will pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities that you donate to will reclaim on my gifts for that tax year. You understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify. You understand the charity (Maritime Archaeology Trust (Charity Number 900025)) will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that you give.
1.You can cancel this declaration at any time by notifying the charity.
2. If in the future your circumstances change and you no longer pay tax on your income and capital gains equal to the tax that the charity reclaims, you should cancel your declaration (see note 1).
3. If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.
4. If you are unsure whether your donations qualify for Gift Aid tax relief, please ask the charity. Information is also available on the HMRC website www.hmrc.gov.uk.
5. We will never use your information to contact you. We also promise to keep all your details safe and secure. We do however need to keep this form for the duration of 5 years, your data will be used for Gift Aid purposes only.
6. All entry tickets sold permit one year of free entry.