The Shipwreck Centre, Isle of Wight
Telephone: 01983 533079

About us

The Shipwreck Centre & Maritime Museum was founded in 1978 and had been an ambition of the owner, Martin Woodward, since he first started diving on shipwrecks off the Isle of Wight in the 1960s. Martin, a professional diver by trade, has amassed a huge collection of shipwreck material over the years, but retained it all to put on display to the public. Virtually all the shipwreck material on display has been personally recovered by Martin, who is passionate about shipwrecks and maritime history. He has always kept his collection together for display to the public. Despite nearly 50 years of diving for a living, he is still actively finding wrecks and treasures both locally and overseas.

You can also view the historic Bembridge RNLI lifeboats 'Queen Victoria' (1887) and 'Langham' (1922). 'Queen Victoria' (1887) is the oldest surviving RNLI pulling and sailing lifeboat and has been used in many re-enactments and events nationwide since her restoration in 1998.

The Shipwreck Centre,
Arreton Barns Craft Village
Main Road
Isle of Wight
PO30 3AA
Photography by Nick Edwards   Web site by Island Webservices
gold coins
gold coins